Sunday, April 6, 2014

"Farmed and Dangerous"





Chipotle is in the midst of creating an online series focused around the horrors of the food industry, especially in relation to the infiltration of petroleum and other harmful chemicals into the food we eat.


"'They wanted something that could be scripted and fun but at the same time deal with serious issues and help drive people to Chipotle,' said Piper. 'We cracked this idea in an early meeting, wrote a 30-minute pilot, did a reading for them, and they fell in love with it.'"


They came up with the webseries called "Farmed and Dangerous." It's about a big, heartless corporation that has created a food pellet for cows that's made of petroleum. The petroleum pellet causes a cow to explode and the footage leaks onto the internet. The head of the company, called "Animoil," is concerned because he doesn't want this bad publicity to decrease profitability or raise awareness to the dangers of his product.


This idea is absolutely great. I think it brings attention to the realities of the food industry and will appeal to people through satire.

2 comments:

  1. I used the same thing as you! I had it as a draft all day and I was afraid to use it because my boyfriend said it didn't make sense. I'm not entirely sure I understand it though. :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was such a cool clip, and by I cool I mean I think it was great for getting the word out about big food corporations. It had some humor, but hit the facts of what actually happens daily. Love it!

    ReplyDelete